It’s been a fulfilling and fast-paced year for Jones Pierce Studios. We’re working hard on many new residential and commercial projects across the Atlanta metro and beyond. Now, we’re looking for a new architect to join our Commercial Studio team and hope that you’ll help us spread the word.
If you (or someone you know) is a new or more seasoned architect looking to make a change, we’d love to talk.
Here’s the experience we’ll get the most excited about in a candidate:
- Restaurant or commercial kitchen experience (or similar environment — e.g., lab)
- Construction document and engineering coordination
- Understanding of building code and zoning (and how to research)
- Knowledge of SketchUp 3D modeling platform (or similar tool)
- Multi-family and adaptive reuse experience is a bonus
- Years of experience isn’t as important as other qualifiers
Motivation, drive and self-direction are important, too — and these are the things we will look for in a well-rounded candidate:
- You’re bored working for a big (or ho-hum) firm and yearn for a meaningful change
- Problem-solving and developing creative solutions are two things you’re known for
- Unique projects and applications keep you engaged (what we’re all about at Jones Pierce)
- Being self-motivated comes easy, and you know how to manage your schedule and commitments
- Interacting with clients and partners and working out in the field energize you
- People think of you as a leader or someone who’s always up to learn something new
- You find yourself dreaming about how you can transform an abandoned relic into something beautiful and new that delights a community (and meets city guidelines, of course)
- You can easily answer this question: Where do you want to be in five years in your architecture career?
Commercial Projects of Note
If you’re not familiar with Jones Pierce’s commercial architecture work, you can read about some of our projects on the blog — and here are a few of the new projects we can share:
- Our fifth project for PREP (“Commercial Kitchen Spaces for Atlanta’s Culinary Entrepreneurs”), this one located on the city’s southside
- Two new projects for Truck & Tap (“Food Trucks | Craft Beer”) in Norcross and Lawrenceville
- Converse Historical Mill mixed-use conversion (a 125-year-old mill that will soon become an apartment living community)
- The Highland Inn & Ballroom (“A Pet-Friendly, Unique Boutique Hotel”) redesign
- McDonough Lofts (an old brick warehouse), complete renovation and adaptive reuse of building
- Rome-Floyd E.C.O. Center (“Inspiring Children and Adults to Learn About and Experience the Ecology of Northwest Georgia”) expansion
- Avana Cumberland (a resort-inspired community overlooking the Chattahoochee River) clubhouse and pool house renovations
- 309 N. Highland, mixed-use renovation (restaurants and office) in a high-profile location
- 320 N. Highland, the adaptive re-use and expansion of existing masonry warehouse in a historical area (restaurant, office and residential)
- Virginia Highlands Apartment Homes, new amenity building fitness center/amenity building with roof deck and community space overlooking the BeltLine
Interested in Learning More?
Email Jason Moss or Cooper Pierce or call (404) 688-1050 for more information about the opportunity to join the Jones Pierce team.
About Jones Pierce
Jones Pierce Studios, founded in 1997 by Bryan Jones and Cooper Pierce, is an award-winning, Atlanta-based firm of architects, construction professionals and interior designers who work with companies and individuals in Georgia, Alabama, Florida, North and South Carolina and Tennessee.
Since the firm’s inception, we’ve been producing work we believe in and providing an environment where our staff can develop and become entrepreneurial from inside our firm.
Our three-studio architectural firm is led by our founders, Bryan Jones and Cooper Pierce, and Jason Mason, who joined the firm in 2012.
Cooper leads the Commercial studio, focusing on branded environments, non-profit institutions, multi-family housing and investor infill housing.
Bryan leads the Residential studio focusing on classic design, downsized and recreational homes and resilient properties.
Jason’s studio includes these service offerings: historic tax credit preservation, adaptive reuse, infill with urban boundaries and food.
Meet the rest of our fun, detailed and creative Jones Pierce team.