Jones Pierce Architects uses a principled approach to create consistently good new or renovation architecture. The 10 Principles are sequential, cumulative and collaborative. Following the principles assures that important decisions are made in the right order—with no backtracking or costly surprises. This is a unique approach to renovation and new design. This approach can make the difference between a favorable construction outcome, and a stressful experience. The following are the 10 principles we follow to produce successful building transformations and new-builds.
- Listening – Listen first then design.
- Viability – Determine the project’s success on paper before getting in too deep with design.
- Design Consciousness – Create buildings that stand out while fitting in.
- Planning for Change – We believe buildings can effect change and change is good.
- Project Stewardship – Design like you own it.
- Teamwork – Custom projects are a team sport if you have the right team.
- Reality Check – Agree to reality while you can adjust the design.
- The Need for Speed – Respect the milestones to fast track construction.
- Information Sharing – Include all members of the team in the design process.
- Enjoying the Journey – This could be fun.